could it be the starter?

my 1997 ford ranger won't start. i thought it was the battery, but now i'm thinking it could be the starter.... please help ASAP!

Reply to
damtwin2

What's it doing when you turn the key to Start? A crank, a click, nothing? What's battery reading with the ignition off (get a voltmeter).

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

It's hopeless with this type of poster, Sharon. He doesn't have a thermometer, let alone a voltmeter. I'd be interested in seeing the voltage with the ignition turned on as well. That could tell us about the starter and the battery. Hopefully, he's called AAA for a jump or gotten it towed to a shop.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Yep, could be...... Could also be a defective solenoid, bad cable, bad ignition switch, locked up engine, or a defective driver.

It's NOT the STOPPER. You can eliminate that.

Reply to
myself