Decoding VIN 4th position problem

Reply to
glenior

That is quite out of date. It doesn't recognize newer model vehicles. I sent a full breakdown of a the affected VINs to the email noted at least three years ago.

the newer VINs.

Reply to
dold

Not exclusively by AM General. Grumman too, & probably others.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

AMG builds the USPS purpose built RHD mail delivery vehicles. Grumman etc builds truck bodies on conventional 'chassis cabs,' delivery vehicles of the 'bread trucks' type

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I stand corrected, I did not know AMG was no longer the exclusive builder of that vehicle. I sold my fleet service business several years ago. We serviced USPS vehicles in six eastern states, at the time AMG was the single builder. Prior to that the USPS used Pintos. Thanks for the update

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike, you've always been upstanding here at a.a.f., I thought I might have been wrong... off to WIKI I went!

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

The USPS used Pintos. It make me wish that I went to work at the post office rather than medical school ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The country does need nurses, as well, you know ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter