Edge

Thinking maybe I might go down to local Ford dealer and look at the Edge SEL. Talked with an Edge owner on Sunday and he seems to be really sold on the vehicle. Says he hardly drives his Corvette anymore since getting the Edge.

Any comments out there from owners??

Jim

Reply to
jim

Comments, you asked ok...First ...You get a rough hard ride in a Corvette,I tried it once...Wait I have some more...I had a 05 Ford Five Hundred SEL FWD in 2004,very nice...Then She made me sell my 01 Ford 150 Lariat...Said one rig should do us dear...Ok I said we need a mixed use rig then and traded the car...Now I have a 06 Freestyle LTD AWD...22mpg city 28+mpg highway...Love it ,never get stuck in snow...well when I can get to drive it...Cute...She got her own keys,ouch!

I'm just waiting now for my new Ice Blue Taurus X LTD AWD I ordered Aug.1 (with one set of keys)...Its looking even better in everyway and better on gas I'm told as well than the Edge which is 2" shorter wheelbase...OK OK And yes the Edge is very nice as well but I like a comforable ride...I did test one out...

Go get a test drive of both rigs then see how you feel as you have to pay for it...Ford has a great web site on line where you can build what you want and get a price...They send me a free 500.00 coupon to use on the sale on line to me here and they had Ford Family pricing on down here,Canada, for July and Aug...Saved near 4000.00 more of reg. ford price...

Problems ? not really in my case with either car or SUV...I got very good service at the Ford dealer here in Sydney I deal with...just one thing bugs me...Its the tires they all came with that I don't like...I found poor tread wear,some tire noise, they tend to effect the road handling of the rig and got some highgroplaning in rain that scared me...

Now...This is my opinion based on the experiences I have had ok...So I am still buying a new rig from Ford, cause I like them...but...I'm changing the factory tires on the new one soon as it comes in to Bridgestone Turanzaw Serenity P225/60/R18...

The

has lots of tire reviews on all the tires...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

I really appreciate your evaluation. I do!

I currently have an 04 Chrysler Red Convertible Limited which I may or may not be trading in. Wife has an 07 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited.

Getting too old for all the bending to get in and out of the vert. Love the Santa Fe as well as the wife (take it either way, its OK), Had an 02 Santa Fe prior to getting the 07 in July 06.

Pretty much made up my mind to get me an 07 Santa FE Limited which now comes with satellite radio. Would use hers around town and the other for trips. She already has over 22000 miles on her 14 month old.

After talking with the gentleman over the weekend, who could buy anything out there including Rolls Royces, and his praise, I've set up a drive appointment for this weekend.

Biggest drawback of the Santa Fe is that the nearest Hyundai dealer is 85 miles away. Have not had an issue with either Hyundai other than one time she did not put back the gas cap correctly on the 02. Big Deal huh?

Thanks again for your comments.

Jim

Reply to
jim

I know one guy who has a '56 'vette. He loves it. He takes it to auto shows and everything.

However, it is not his daily driver, either.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I was involved in the Ford "Swap Your Ride" campaign now running on tv. Had a chance to drive an Edge and it was a very impressive vehicle. I'm seriously considering an Edge for my next ride. Do a test drive before you choose.

Eric

Reply to
audioetc

Did you figure it was a Ford deal? How did they approach you? Why you (and not me)?

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

I should explain. I was not one of the people who swapped a car. I was the A1 or head of the audio crew on the project. I knew that it was a Ford project long before the shoots began. How the people were chosen I don't know.

Eric

Reply to
audioetc