Switched power on A2

Trying to install some of those duostyle gauges and need a switched power lead.

Could sponge off the radio I suppose but was trying not to...

Any idea where I can find a switched power lead with not much load on it? (for a 1986 GTI)

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

You can tap into the light in your glove box if you need switched 12 VDC. There is pretty much nothing on that one.This is considering that you have a light in there.

John

Caution! There are A2s out there where the glove box light runs off the parking lights!

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

You could relay the switched power thereby avoiding loading down an existing circuit.

One lead from the battery, one lead from switched power, one lead to ground, one lead to your addition.

TBerk

Yeah thats the best advice I would agree. You could just use the glove box light to switch the relay. Good Call T

Reply to
John

You could tap into the power windows switches. These have battery voltage on them in "RUN" only (not in "OFF" or "START") and power comes through the "load reduction relay" rather than directly from the ignition switch. Compared with the power draw of the windows, your gauges are insignificant so no risk of overloading.

If you pull out >

Reply to
Randolph