ENGINE SWAP--95 PI ENGINE & TRANS INTO A 96 PI--IS THIS FEASIBLE ???

Thanks again in advance for your helpful advice. I want to put a complete engine and transmission assembly from a 95 Police Interceptor into a 96 Police Interceptor. Is this feasible?

Reply to
septicman

Tom,

Thanks for your response, but I am looking for an authoritative response. Yes, it 'appears' to me that they will swap out, but the throttle body is different on the 95 and 96, perhaps also the EGR, perhaps also the exhaust to EGR piping, the converters to the exhause manifold, engine computer, ignition module, plus the 96 has the composite intake, whereas the 95's is metal. I want to swap both the engine and transmission and want also to know if they can be removed and installed as an assembly together.

Fred

Tom wrote:

Reply to
septicman

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

The complete package with electronics should work. IIRC, there is a difference in the electronics between the two. When I built my trans, I noted there was a voltage difference between the up to '95 and the '96 up units. The use different solenoid packs and PCM's for this reason. It also seems there were some differences in starter and bellhousing patterns in those years but, they could still be mated as a pair. HTH a bit

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

All of those things are "bolt ons". You'll need to swap those parts from the old motor.

Reply to
Tom Adkins