Error code 172 on a aerostar 1993

i wrote a post a while ago and i whent to the dealer for my problem just to get the code , so my problem is that my aerostar is having misses at aceleration betwen 1800 and 2400 RPM and the check engine light come on after 10 min , if i accelerate very slow , i dont have it , so the code is

172 and it is saying lean bank , so for what the dealer told me is that i have to much air comming on one side , the mass air sensor is good since it is not on both side , so can any one help me solving that problem , what should i change first .

And is there a way to read the code myself , i have a OBD 1 systeme

snipped-for-privacy@hybride.com

Reply to
pat

pat opined in news:KKNUc.12728$ snipped-for-privacy@charlie.risq.qc.ca:

some us auto part stores read codes free

check the plugs for signs of lean burn.. by cylinder.

then use an unlit propane torch around all intake gaskets to look for speedup of engine if you find the leak.... you have to disconnect the isc motor so the speedup will be apparent

other method, find a pro HVAC tech and borrow his ultrasonic detector to find the leak

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic