EScort GT problems

so my altenater belt broke (i fixed it) then i lost my key so i changed the steering column and i made sure it was out of a escort that had a manual transmition. but the car wont start the headlights work but no other lights work even the brake light wont work is there a ground somewere i shoudl look please help !!!!?!?!?!?!? thanks jarid

Reply to
camaroman3389

Why didn't you just take the barrel out and get it rekeyed at a locksmith?

Get out the test lamp and start probing for power to the column. You might have knocked a relay loose???

Reply to
sleepdog

so i was thinking about it and when i changed my altenator belt i forgot to disconnect the battery. when i was messing with the altenator it sparked do you have any info on where or what relay/inline fuse would be the problem?

ps. i was goin to test it with the test lamp but turns out the test lamp i have only does ac voltage so i will be purchasing a dc test lamp soon thanks

Reply to
camaroman3389

soo it ends up it was the 80 amp main fuse well it starts now but i think i might have knocked the idle out of wack lol this car sucks its ok though atleast i have it running now

Reply to
camaroman3389