Fiesta 1.6si 16v Zetec burning oil!!!!!

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to the reason why my 1.6si 16v Zetec Fiesta with 59000 on the clock is burning nearly 5 litres of oil every
month? Has anyone owned the same car and come across the same problem? If so what did you do about it? The car is defintely burning the oil and not dropping it!
Any suggestions/causes would be gratefully received. Typically Ford main dealer won't give any suggestions without "well we would have to take the engine apart Sir"!
Remove the no spam to reply
Cheers
Andy
It doesnt matter... if the engine is burning that much, there's a serious internal problem.
You could do a cylinder compression test but, other than totally missing valve seals, I cant think of any cause that would be fixed without at least pulling the head off.

Zetec
If
Andy wrote:

probably the oil rings in the engine, but you cannot tell until you pull them out and check them..... maybe you have the wrong weight of oil for the engine and the oil is just going past the rings??? or you have a messed up engine and the bore is scored or the rings are hot??? could be any of the above...

Zetec
If
main
the
if it's using 5 litres of oil a month, it's got a major problem. Oh, and the catalyst will be knackered an all.
any oil in the water? Overheating? Just chuck another engine in it. Or sell it.
Doubt this helps
Pete M
Many thanks for all your replies! Looks like I'll be taking a trip to a Ford Main Dealer in the next week to trade the Fiesta in!

Zetec
If