Ford Focus Fumes

I have a Ford Fiesta on a UK P reg (1997 model). I was recently running low on engine oil and so decided to fill it up. Nonetheless, like a plonker, I
poured 5 litres into the engine (which now seems a bit excessive!) Since then, when I start my car after leaving it for 12 hours or so, lots of grey fumes pour out of my exhaust for about 10 seconds or so and then its fine. If i use my car and then leave it for an hour and then use it again, its fine with no fumes.
Any ideas?

low
grey
You did drain the exra oil out right? It will stop smoking after you drive it a while.
hiya,
Just as Scott said, even after you've removed the extra oil (a fizzer only takes about 4 litres of oil anyway) it will take some time to get rid of the oil that will have collected in the exhaust. Give it a good blast down the motorway.
pottsy