Ford Starting Problem

I have a 2000 Ford F250 with the 6.8 Liter V10 When it is cool and Damp out (Foggy, Moist air) it has a hard time starting... It will fire right up but then dies imeadiatly afterwards and I have to step on the gas pedal for a few seconds untill the engine is running steady. it only does it when it is damp and cool out. I have the Ford Tech Cd but I cannot find anything that covers this problem. It did this same thing last year but when I took it to the dealership I was told that the problem did not exist and that I was worried about nothing. But once again we have cool wet weather and the problem is back. if anyone has had this issue I would like to hear how you solved it.

Thanks IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

Check the IAC valve. Usually it's what causes idle problems. On damp days it could affect it.

Reply to
SizzleMP

Thanks for the info but What is an IAC valve? what does IAC stand for? I should be able to find it on the disc once I know what the IAC is

Thank again

IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

Idle Air Control

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Scott M

sounds like the iac is going (idle air controler)

Reply to
Falcoon

Thaks alot folks

You all just saved me alot of time and money

IceMan

Reply to
IceMan

I'd take it back to your dealer and leave it overnight. It is probably out of warranty, but if was not out of warranty last year, I would "too bad! I took it last year and you said this wasn't happening. See it is!"

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

tell ford to wash it off... even spray the engine compartment breifly with water.... if it dont start then.. they have a problem...

I used to drench my engines and never had a problem starting afterwards...

Reply to
Ken Gallo Jr