Ford Windstar break question.

I have a 1995 Ford Windstar. The BRAKE idiot light is on and there are two letters below it. One is a (P) and the other is a (I) Can someone tell me what they mean? I lost my manual years ago. Also the ABS light is on. The ABS light came on a couple of month ago but goes off at times. The BREAK light stays on all the time. Brakes are fairly new. I just need to know what the P and I stand for.

Also what would I check first for the ABS?

Thanks for your help.

Julie

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

Check both stop lights, make sure none of them blown. Hi mount stop light will not activate the brake light. Also check the brake fluid level.

Reply to
lcmon

Like the ABS lite , dont worry about it, that tree will take care of it

Johan

Reply to
johanb

The P is for park (its the parking brake light also) The I is an explanation point (!) it means something is wrong with your brakes! get them fixed!

Reply to
Scott M

Thanks all for your help.

Julie

Reply to
Julie in Tampa

Check the brake fluid level and check the sensor that's on the master cylinder , they leak a lot. You can but a new sensor or replace the master cylinder due to age.

On your abs lite that's on, check if the gears on your axles are still there , they sometimes crack/break(brake ?) and will set a code because different speed readings.

Good luck

Johan

Reply to
johanb