Ford Windstar Brake question.

I have a 1995 Ford Windstar. The BRAKE idiot light is on and there are two letters below it. One is a (P) and the other is a (I) Can someone tell me what
they mean? I lost my manual years ago. Also the ABS light is on. The ABS light came on a couple of month ago but goes off at times. The BRAKE light stays on all the time. Brakes are fairly new. I just need to know what the P and I stand for.
Also what would I check first for the ABS?
Thanks for your help.
Julie
On 12 Nov 2004 21:32:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Julie in Tampa) wrote:

fill up your brake reservoir. ...thehick
Assuming you are not driving around with your parking brake on, the light means there is a malfunction somewhere in your brake system. It would be bad for you to be driving around and have your brakes fail, right? So don't drive it until you determine what the problem is. Could be low fluid or a bad proportioning valve.
When the ABS light comes on, there is a fault in the ABS system but normal braking isn't affected. But considering your brake light is also on, you might have a major problem, and you should consider the vehicle unsafe to drive until it is fixed.

what
light
on
stand