Granada 1994 cruise control problem

Hi, I have a Ford Granada scorpio 2.5TD which was the last of the pre-smiley face granadas (94) There is a cruise control fitted on it and this is controlled by sone toggle switches on the steering wheel. Now ive tried using this and when its on an orange light comes on the dash to say its on but thats it?? It doesnt seem to work unless im using it wrong. Other than that the car drives and handles well. Any ideas to what might be amiss with this?? is it a common fault??? heeeeeeeeeeeeelp Graham

Reply to
The Magnum

You have to turn it ON with each ignition cycle, then SET the speed (above 35 mph) that you want; this is done by getting to the deired speed, and then SETting the cruiise controrl to hold that speed.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

How do i set the cruise control? I have driven, say at 60mph, switched it on and have even pressed + and - to absolutely no avail, as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator the car slows down like its not on. Or am i doing it wrong? Theres no digital display or anything, just the light on the dash to say its been switched on. Thanks, Graham

Reply to
The Magnum

It may just be not working. A blown fuse, bad clock spring, or the previous owner may have disabled it, foe whatever reason.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke