93 Ford Mustang Heater Core

Hi, Is it posssible to change the Heater Core in a 93 LX 5.0 without messing with the AC eavporator and so on?. thx

Reply to
NigelM

I had to drop it all on my 86 and 89 so I doudt its any different on a 93. Its a time consuming job, but not all that hard. If you don't know what your doing get a hayes or simular manual to walk you thru it. One hint I'll give you is put the windows down. On the 86 we hit the power lock button and locked the keys in the car. That made a long job even longer. lol

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

While it is extremely tight it can be done. I do not open up any A/C systems when changing them out, but as many as I have done it becomes routine. If this is your first one it will be difficult as it is just to get everything clear and the suitcase dropped to be able to remove the core. After unbolting everything I use a rubber mallet to hold the case down as low as it will go and have a S clip I use to hold the lid as high up as it will go and I have just enoung room to slide them out/in.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

i had changed one in a 83 mustang.. i think they might be similar.. i had the shop manual and it was to take about a 6 hr. job. i did not want to take the a/c unit apart also..i did everything but the a/c take down.and just pried the plastic heater box apart and held it open with a short piece of 2 X 4 and removed the heater core..... knowing what i knew after i did all this work i think i should have just used my dremel tool to cut a hole in the plastic box to get to the heater core and then patched it back up with duct tape.... the car was not worth too much and got about $300 trade in on a new car in 1993... i did the heater core in 1990.. so the car had not much value when i worked on it....

Reply to
dbird