Intake manifold recall on 96 T-Bird 4.6L???

My manifold recently blew and I fixed it myself. Now I find out there may have been a recall on it. I bought the car in 98 with 11K miles on it. I never received a notice in the mail. Anyone know if there's anyway I can get back at least the cost of the part, about $300?? Thanks

Reply to
ankhe105

Probably not 9 years later not to mention you did it and not the dealer. Damn plastic car parts!

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Should get some perspective of the discussion history by following this link:

F.H.

I called my local Ford dealer and the recall was good for 7 years so mine expired 2 years ago. Oh, well.

Reply to
ankhe105

Win some, lose some. The manifolds must have gotten progressively worse. Yours lasted way longer than mine.

Reply to
F.H.