Key fob costs over a hundred dollars

I would like to point out that NOT all dealerships are created equal!

I have had a jaundiced opinion of dealerships for years! And with damn good reason, I had been ripped off by them one too many times.

However, having said that, I deal with two dealerships at the moment. One a GM, and one a Five Star Chrysler - both owned by the same "group" and under the same name.

These dealerships have literally seviced the heck out of me. Whenever they can, they have gone above and beyond the call of duty. I ALWAYS get a loaner car when mine is in for service - and ALWAYS a Mini-Van - not a super sub-compact! One time I have the loaner for over a week while they waited for parts to arrive!

The service has been SO GOOD, that both my wife and I have been asking "Why buy a car anywhere else???"

Now to be clear, most of the work the dealership has done for me is warranty stuff. I went to a trusted local shop for a tune-up because I simply am not going to pay $250 (P, L, & T) for a dealer tech to install six spark plugs. But when it comes to the tricky stuff, and the weird little problems that can crop up, these dealerships have hit the ball out of the park every single time.

Because of THESE dealerships, I have a whole new respect for, and relationship with, them!

So if you are not getting the service and support you want / need, the look to switch dealers! Like everything else in life, there is good and bad. After YEARS of "bad, I have finally found "Good" and it is SWEET!

Just >

Reply to
NewMan

The Chevy 230 - 235 "Stovebolt Six" was NOT a fragile engine - far from it. Probably why Toyota bought the design and the tooling from GM, made a few slight changes to Metrify the fittings, and they're

*still* building it as the F Motor. F and 2F (4.2L), 3F-E (4.0L). Through the entire run of the LandCruiser.

The fuel is improved, but if they add oxygenates the BTU per gallon is lower. Where you get the big efficiency gains is through EFI instead of carburetion.

And then you lose that efficiency when you crap the engine up with PCV, and EGR, and EEC, and lots of power accessories, and electric cooling fans, and air conditioning, and high-powered lighting systems, and big stereos, and GPS and cellular...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Hate to point this out, but EGR and PCV cause no loss in performance. How can they, they require no energy input to make them function. Electric cooling fans save fuel because they only run when needed. Same with the new electric power steering, why run a pump if you don't have to?

Reply to
Kevin

i never saw a nova not dogtrack going straight down a road

NewMan wrote:

Reply to
philthy

Defintitely larger than the Olds Wagon. But the 1994??? I can believe that, for some strange reason, it is heavier, but wider??? I dunno. I could get way more stuff in my 1994 than I can in the 2002. And remember that my 1994 was not as aerodynamic as my 2002.

Oh well, other then the gas mileage, I love the car. It is great for hauling around my family. So I guess that I'll just have to suck it up.

Reply to
NewMan

Seems like a bit of a contradiction......

Reply to
Hairy

The only complaint I ever had with my old Nova was the suspension. There was a fair amount of "pitch & roll" in my 1968. So for - at the time in the early 80s - about $600 CDN, I had a sway bar put in the front and rear, and KYB gas shocks all-way around.

No more pitch & roll, and after a PROPER wheel alignment (NOT a "canadian tire" wheel alignment) drove straight as an arrow, and cornered like a Datsun 510! :)

That was a good solid car that was easy to work >i never saw a nova not dogtrack going straight down a road

Reply to
NewMan

Your wrong there Bill. Most car thieves steal cars because they need a ride somewhere and don't have any money, then dump the car off in a parking lot somewhere.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Well if that's all they do to it, then I should get it back in good shape. :) Those same thieves will assume that it needs the "high-tech" key with the "secret chip" (AKA - resistor) in it to start, so they won't bother with it.

Bill Putney

It isn't the key that troubles many vehicle thieves it's the engine cut off function. Here many car thieves are druggies wanting a large vehicle in which to carry what they steal. They are avoiding newer thief protected cars and are stealing older large vehicles, such as the Chrysler LH and Vans.

Reply to
Some O

Yup!

When I purchased my used 1994 GC, I was warned by at least 3 people... "Use a steering wheel club, or it will get stolen - don't forget even once!"

Well mine had an aftermarket alarm, but I used "the club" as well.

I never had a problem. :) but apparently lots of pe>>

Reply to
NewMan

"The Club" may stop a joyrider but not a thief that wants your car for parts. They cut through the steering wheel to remove "The Club" ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter