Lincoln Navigator error-liftgate ajar

My 2003 Nav keeps showing this false error. Wont go away.

Any ideas how to fix this? Please email me direct if you can.

Thanks in advance. Happy Thanksgiving

darin

Reply to
azarcadegames

Sounds like a bad switch that tells the computer when the tailgate is open or the wires going to the computer from the switch. I would find the switch and see if it is working.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Those switches are usually located in the tailgate latches. Flood the latches with WD-40 then open and close the gate about 10-15 times. If that fixes the problem, follow up with spray lubricant.

Reply to
Tom Adkins