Looking for short-housing rear axle

Hello all,

I need a rear axle to chop up into a gearbox but it needs to be compact and most later ones I've seen have long pinion casings. Does anyone know off hand of any that are short, like old models used to be? Any Ford/GM/Chrysler would be OK.

I don't know which one to hunt for, need about 2.70:1-2.8:1 without any extras like limited slipt or lock etc.

TIA

Reply to
tinkering