make auto headlight on 2005 Expy more sensitive

Is there a way to make the automatic headlight sensor on a

2005 Ford Expedition more sensitive ? In other words, I would like it to turn on my headlights in low light situations.

I go in and and out of a parking garage several times per day. The garage is somewhat dark during the day but my headlights do not come on. I manually turn on my headlights because I have had people back out in front of me. I have already left my headlights on once and drained my battery, requiring a jump.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

There is a photocell sensor located on top of the dash that monitors the amount of incoming outside light. Locate that sender (usually covered by a small grille), and tape a piece of (any) colored cellophane over it, to reduce the amount of incoming light. A more permanent fix involves prying the photocell cover off and adjusting the circuit sensitivity with a small screwdriver, via the exposed rheostat.

BTW, automatic on headlamps based on outside lighting conditions make WAY more sense than those DRLs you wanted before. :)

Reply to
Sharon Cooke