need source for replacement Ford 351 engine bolts

In trying to replace the water pump on a 1996 Clubwagon with a 351 (5.8L) engine, one of the longer water pump bolts siezed in the block and timing chain cover. I need to find a replacement as well as the the threadsize (so I can order the appropriate Helicoil).

Can anyone identify the Ford part number (or a website that I could explore) that will provide this bolt?

The bolt is about 5-6" long, and appears to be a 5/16th inch thread. it has a hex head located approximately 80% along its length. From the hex head to the end of the bolt is threaded for attachment of a bracket for one on the hoses on the passenger side of the engine near the water pump.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Tom DiPasquale

threadsize (so

Check the thread on one of the other bolts-either going to be a

5/16X18 or M8X1.25. If you can't find the correct fastener, all thread and a nut might get you by. If you have suitable equipment you could braze two bolts head to head.

.3.8L uses a lot of these type fasteners but they are metric...

Reply to
Rick

try a self serve auto wrecker ,ust me lots out there ... if not then look for a fastener / bolt shop here in winnipeg we have 3 such places that specialize in bolts

Reply to
Rob