Oil Question for Escape

We just got a 03 Escape V6 XLS. Ford is using the synthetic oil in these. I had a 01 Mustang before this. I was using Mobil One synthetic. Any opinions on Mobil One compared to Motorcraft synthetic?

And when I first got my Mustang I took it in after 1000 miles to put oil in it. I was told it had this temp oil in it or something? And now they say I can 5k without changing the oil in this Escape. I realize it has synthetic. But I still changed the oil every 3k in my Mustang (mostly out of habit).

And on a totally different subject. Anyone know of a website that sells running boards for this model? Or are they interchangeable with any other model Ford? (incase I can hit a salvage and grab some)

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
Greg Hays

Mobil One is just as good, if not superior. I have been using Mobil One with never an engine failure/break down. My regular oil change calls for 5500K mile, or 5 months. With MB 1, extending the oil change out to 9K miles is not uncommon. Between work, business, and car pool for kids I average about

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Okay. So I'm guessing they've put Motorcraft in it already. Would it cause any problems if I used Mobil One in the next oil change? I know it's not good to swap around motor oil.

Reply to
Greg

It should not be a problem.. Here is what you can do..just stop by the dealer and ask the parts manager who makes the premium oil for Ford. ..Because both you and I know that Ford does not make oil.. Regardless, MB 1 is in all the top European, Asia, and USA cars..

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Hi Mobil1 fans, FWIW, Oh yea...Mobil one oil don't heat burn, but it still dilutes with engine gas blow by. An oil filter is probably bypassing in about 3-600 miles after you install it. Check the fram website or any other oil filter maker's website and see what they say about particulate bypassing at about 300 cycles.That would be 300 times the volume of the oil filter. Or just pull a crank or rod bearings out of an engine running that oil. Why when a so called oil change 1 qt + filter every

3k -5k would someone go to 9K. Oh ....Be sure to check the micron particle size filtered out of oil. 10 microns = .00039 Try Frams website..www.fram.com choose products..oil filters..information...understanding fluid rating.PDF beta value 2 is the 10 micron level. The test is a 4 hr. high concentration, like 4 dirty quarts of oil left in your engine. Hummm wonder why oil filters have a bypass valve in there? Go...60 mph x 10hrs.= what?? Its gets really ripe when you haven't removed the drain plug in years. IMO It's only your money ...your car who cares. Ford sells more everyday the motors last forever! Good luck with those maintenance habits. BeeVee

Reply to
BeeVee

I would just switch to Mobil 1 at your next change and be done with it. It is compatable with both other synthetics and dino oil.

and search running board. You will see some links on the right too. And don't forget try to find them at

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

How many oil changes have you done.? How many engines have you torn down and rebuilt..?? What kind of oil change requires 1 qt of oil as you have written.."Why when a so called oil change 1 qt + filter every

3k -5k would someone go to 9K" My PH8 filter holds one full quart of oil. Some of my Truck filters hold almost 2 Quarts. Are you some kind of TROLL.. The guys were not talking about filters, but OIL. If you want to talk about oil change interval, go read and learn something about fleet service and synthetic oil and then come back and tell us what you have learnt.

concentration,

Reply to
S.E.W

------------------------------ I think he meant not to go 9k without changing the filter because it would bypass because it was clogged......But Im not sure....:)

--------------------------------

Reply to
Scott

BeeVee opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

You are one STUPID SOB!

Anyone that takes Fram's word on ANYTHING is an idiot!

I HAVE pulled apart a turbo 2.3 with 180K that ran as much as 25,000 between Mobil 1 changes... and you wouldnt believe the lack of bearing wear.

If you are gonna shill for some big name consumable maker that puts out substandard product... get into MLM!

Fram: Pay me now AND pay me Later!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Reply to
BeeVee

I have no idea what you are talking about. An oil filter is probably bypassing what in 6oo miles? The oil? Pull a crank rod or bearing out? Why would I want to do that?

concentration,

Reply to
Greg

Hi Greg, Mobil 1 oil and any other synthetic oils are IMO a fools gold. Man that would be great if everybody could just put the oil change on hold for the next 15k (snip from Mb 1 web site below. ) They have reformed their claims several times over the years just to get your buck. The original pitch for this oil was to change your filter every 3k and add 1 qt of new oil till you had 1 yr /24k . I was foolishly thinking that is what is being practiced by people. Maybe they just drive 24k and never change the filter. Maybe they change all the oil and filter at 5k No matter how any oil is used there are no oil filters that will go the distance. A poster was suggesting to extend oil changes to 9k in a reply to you, which must have rubbed a few people the wrong way. ( Mobil 1 Lovers) and a bad advice blocker (me).

If you have ever rebuilt an engine and know what bearings are being protected by the engine oil & pressure system then you will know the fits of these parts. The oil filter is what keeps damaging particles out of you engine bearings and other moving parts. The bearings are a soft material liner between the hardened parts. Once the filter is full or over pressured it bypass's .(or explodes) When bypassing it gets a real good flush through, well that's where the fun begins.

I just haven't seen good results with synthetic oils because the filters can't perform to those levels. It's your car and money, oil filter's are the cheepest prevention there is. Regards, BeeVee

see these sites

Can I go longer without changing my oil if I use a synthetic?

While Mobil 1 has given excellent results in extended oil drain tests, the safest and recommended practice is to follow your owner's manual. You can go all the way to the maximum mileage or time frame shown in your owner's manual for oil changes when using Mobil 1 with SuperSynT. This allows the reserve protection capabilities of Mobil 1 with SuperSynT to cover the unusual or unexpected driving conditions that we all experience from time to time.

Oil change intervals can be as short as 3,000 miles or as long as

15,000 miles on some new cars. Mobil 1 with SuperSynT's high-performance reserves give you the confidence to go the full mileage or time frame recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Mobil 1 with SuperSynT is especially suitable for the latest vehicles with extended drain intervals or vehicles with oil monitoring systems that vary oil drain intervals.

Reply to
BeeVee