Oil Seal Replacement 92 Grand Marquis

How much does a professional front oil seal replacement typically cost?

Reply to
inspektah2

Depends on how much "stuff" has to come off just to remove the crankshaft pulley & their hourly rate. I think the seal may set you back about $35.00 or so.

Reply to
Shawn

Is your vehicle FWD or RWD?

Reply to
Mike hunt

RWD. Someone told me I could do it myself to save some money. But 35 bucks is OK. I will see next week.

Reply to
inspektah2

"Re: Oil Seal Replacement 92 Grand Marquis" - You should know a '92 Grand Marquis is RWD.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

I think he meant $35 for the seal only, labor extra.

Reply to
Tim J.

call some shops , they use a labor manual to quote usually. i cant remember the engine you have, and am wondering what mileage is on your car, but on my 89 g/m 5.0 . my front seal was leaking at 109,000 miles. it wasnt much more work to go ahead and put in a new timing chain and gears ,and it needed it too. i put new water pump in too. lucas

ds549

1.0 -1.5 hours. Multiply by the shop labor rate.
Reply to
aarcuda69062

According to Alldata, the front seal is Ford P/N F5AZ6700A. The seal costs around $9.11. Alldata allows 1.4 hours for replacement. Around here that would mean the total job would cost around $150 plus tax.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks Folks. Thanks Ed.

Reply to
inspektah2

I merely answered the question asked which was. How much does a professional front oil seal replacement typically cost?

Reply to
Mike hunt

Pssst..... Mike... you didn't answer a question... you asked one.... Unfortunately, the question you asked is "Is a 92 Grand Marquis FWD or RWD?".

Always proof read to make sure leave words out.

Reply to
Jim Warman