Opinions wanted...pimping a Mustang convertible.

A couple of questions with regards to getting a car "pimped" in the Ottawa area.

I bought a really nice 1988 Mustang convertible and over the next year or so I'd be looking at getting it "done up".

Anyone have any ideas where to start? Who in Ottawa does complete work? Has anyone ever done a similar thing? What are the rough estimates (I don't need 700HP...). In the end I'm looking at a custom car with a decent amount of power (300-400HP). It is a stock car right now with 5.0L engine.

I know this is a "depends what you want" question but I'm just trying to get an idea for budget purposes.

I'm more interested in where I could get this done. How long does it normally take? (1 month, 6 months...)

Thank you in advance for your help. Marc

Reply to
88 Mustang GT Conv.

start by trading it for a hardtop.

Reply to
Picasso

I forgot to mention....useful information please. Besides other than a roof there's no difference under the hood and I'd take open air before the enclosed space anytime. I'm guessing you never owned a convertible.

Marc

Reply to
88 Mustang GT Conv.

FIRST this NG is not generally a modding NG

SECOND ask on: rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

THIRD Bring your Asbestos suit, if 'pimping' means what it did a couple years ago, and on 'pimp my ride'

FOURTH.. if it DOES, sell the Mustang and buy a Golf Cabriolet to f$$$K up!

"88 Mustang GT C> A couple of questions with regards to getting a car "pimped" in the > Ottawa area.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I guess you start with a purple velvet suit, complete with feathered hat...

Reply to
Tim J.

Not lookin to change the car per say (maybe what's under the hood) but what I want to do is make it look as nice as it can or as close to "showroom" condition as possible. I love the car the way it is just want to clean it up properly and change what's under the hood. I'm not talking glass packs and crap like that. I'm talking one sweet ride which looks good, runs great and I can be proud of. I'm not one of those 20 somethings that's lookin to make my 4 cylinder civic sounds like a tank!

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
88 Mustang GT Conv.

in that case, you should have said i have just bought an 88 mustang, and would like to know where to take it to restore it to showroom like condition.

"pimping a car", in the opinion of most of the people here is taking something nice looking and turning it into a pile of dog poop.

Reply to
Tom

Start wit doze really skinny 13" wire wheels, chrome and gold yo.

Reply to
ScottM

Well, read back and you'll see that is NOT the impression you gave.

But if you ask on the Mustang NG, they'll help you out.

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Again.. this isnt the charter of this NG. REaD the subjects!!! We dont discuss modding OR restores on here.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic