paint quality problem 03 Mustang

Wondering if anyone here has problems also. This cars bumper and hood are very susceptable to chips. It must have 40 small ones across the hood and bumper. When you try to lightly scrape off a bug (with just a fingernail), often paint will came up with the bug. This car is 1 year old with 17K. My old work truck had (2001 chevy). had 140K and only 2-3 chips after a lot off hard on/off road mile.

Almost like the paint's not cured. Just looking for info before i start in on Ford.

Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim opined in news:6zSVc.2858$ snipped-for-privacy@hydra.nntpserver.com:

good luck. paint warranty claims are notoriously difficult

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have an 03 GT, metalic red. I've collected a lot a bugs on the front, but no chips. This is the first car I've had that has not gotten a chip already, but that is mostly luck. John

Reply to
JohnR