Radiator tube dimensions

There really is no "typical" any more, but roughly 1/8X3/8 USED to be pretty common.

Reply to
clare

Danged I can't find anything online today...

Anybody know what the approx inside tube dimensions are of a typical flat tube radiator?

Reply to
Guv Bob

flat tube radiator?

Thanks, that's close enough. That technical article said 200 microns was a good minimum size for a filter. That sounds about right to me. Table salt is 100 microns.

Maybe something like this would let the heavy stuff drop out without having a filter element to plug up?

Some handy size comparison info is below, from
Bacteria = 2 microns Diameter of a red blood cell = 8 microns Talcum powder = 10 microns Diameter of a white blood cell = 25 microns Naked-eye visibility threshold = 40 microns Pollen = 60 microns Diameter of a human hair, typical human = 70 microns Table salt = 100 microns Openings in window screen, typical screen = 1475 microns (or .058 inches) Distance needed for first down in football, "1st and ten" = 9,144,000 microns Distance needed for first down in football, after false start penalty = 13,716,000 microns Distance needed for first down in football, after holding penalty =

18,288,000 microns
Reply to
Guv Bob