Radiochange Mustang -> Lincoln

Hi ! I like to change my old Radio (Tape only) in my 1996 Lincoln Town Car. So i bought a Radio with CD at Ebay. That CD was in an 2002 Ford Mustang. Problem is I thought that the connectors the same...

I found out the Lincoln wireing so that I need the Mustang wireing to change correctly.

There are 2 connectors at the back side of the Mustang CD:

1st:

two rows of pins

1 to 8 9 to 16

following Cablecolors:

1 - blue/red 2 - black 3 - red blue 4 - nc 5 - orange 6 - brown/pink 7 - white/green 8 - green/brown

9 - vio/blue

10- black/pink 11- black/green 12- grey/blue 13- light brown/yellow 14- orange/green 15- blue/white 16- black/green

Did anybody know that ?

2nd: three rows of pins

1-7

8-13 14-20

What is that for ? Do I need that one ?

I would be glad if someone can help me

Greedings K.Sander

-- for Email remove the -nospam- in the adress

Reply to
Karsten Sander

Karsten Sander opined in news:Xns95A785B61D3A5karstennospamsanderw@195.20.224.116:

So this Ebay Cd came with wires attached?

Interesting

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns95A75B95BB0C8BkMch6d@207.115.63.158:

Hi Backyard Mechanic !

Yes there are some wires but they are cut (lengh aboout 5")

I get some paperwork with the Radio - maybe this Info is helpful, too. Backside say : 1L2F-18C868-BB Out of this Car : 1FAFP404X1F114415

I don´t think (hope) it´s stolen.

BTW : is it possible to get an Adapter for that ?

Greedings K.Sander

Reply to
Karsten Sander

Karsten Sander opined in news:Xns95A8A3561C19karstennospamsanderw@195.20.224.116:

Interesting they supplied the vin.. so you are probably okay there.

I think you should google both cars..

here's some results:

Note wiring diagrams for 10 bucks!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hi again !

Thanx for that help ! Exactly what I searched for :o) Sometimes you only need the right words for the google or the right man who nows the words !

Thanx again - and I hope they send overseas

K.Sander

Reply to
Karsten Sander

Karsten Sander opined

No problem...I'm not the World's Foremost Authority for nothing, ya know!

;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns95A8B0FF016BABkMch6d@207.115.63.158:

I know ;))

I read this NG nearly every Day. Some people here you can trust. For ex. the Backyard and the Doc :)

Have a nice one

K.Sander

Reply to
Karsten Sander