Re: 1978 F250 - How to Remove Washer/Wiper Knob

I'm trying to remove the instrument face panel from this '78 F250. I've

>removed knobs for the radio, heater and light switch ... but can't find out >how to release the windshield washer/wiper control knob. > >The control is OFF/LOW/HIGH by turning for the 2 speed wiper and push in for >washing. The manual mentions vaguely about using a hook tool. Any info on >how this knob is secured and any way to improvise a tool to release it would >be appreciated. > >Thanks. k9i AT hotmail.com >
Reply to
erhmason

Thank you. That did the trick.

I was trying to find out why the windshield washer wasn't working. Now with the last knob off I have been able to remove the instrument panel front cover, get and the washer/wiper switch to discover ...... the cause was a blown fuse. That's right, in the main fuse box.

Reply to
k9i