Re: 4.6 intake mainfold

I am about to find out. I think my 98 Merc has a hair line crack near the thermostat area... keeps leaking in this area no matter what I do or replace. Am going to try to the dealer next week to see what they say. The manifold is $200 on ebay. My problem is I think there is a time limit and my Merc may have exceeded it. Good luck

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
tj

My 96 Mustang cracked the manifold at 105,000 miles, in 2000 or 2001. My selling dealer said there was an extended service bulletin, and the job would be free. The dealer in the town where I was couldn't find the bulletin. I had to provide him with the TSB number, which he said didn't apply to my car, even though I had looked it up by VIN on alldata.com (I think).

The out-of-town dealer did eventually fix it for free, but only after I said I was going to have it towed home about 100 miles.

That was a while ago, but it's worth staying after it, maybe even shopping dealers. Did you buy it new? Have you had Ford service done?

Reply to
dold

Here is the website explaning the class action suit and settlement:

Ole

You can get a brand new intake from your local part store if they carry the dorman product line. part number 615178

Reply to
joe