Re: 97 Sable/taurus rear disc brakes piston push in

Which brake too do you have, is it the square one or is it one of those round one with the brace holder. The square one is quite difficult to use, useless in my opinion. Go to............

.......or .......

to see a picture of the better tool to use. A company name Lisle makes some really great brakes tools....

Hi, > I have a 97 Taurus with rear disc brakes. I figure Taurus and Sable > are the same. I am trying to retract the piston and have the tool > that pushes it in as it also turns it. > Question: It is very hard to push in (I can't) even after we remove > the cap from the reservoir and open the bleeder valve. Do I have to > disconnect the parking brake? The spring looks ominous. Any tricks > or procedures that will help? > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > Thank you.
Reply to
V.B. Mercon

I've go tthe right tool. It screws in and has two clips to fit into the piston. My question is: Do I have to take the parking brake off of the brake? Are there any tricks or special procedures? Thanks

Reply to
Dermott

Dermott opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

No... the ones on my 95 were quite stiff but did not grind, drag or catch as they turned. If oyurs does, give up and get rebuilt calipers

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Thunder Fish