Re: Disabling auto door-lock feature - How?

It is in the owner's guide.

Ed

Jjsegr wrote:

> The two vehicles are a 2004 Explorer (with keyless entry) and a 1999 Sable, > also with keyless entry. > > I got the info from this group a few years back - for a different Sable. > > Thanks.
Reply to
C. E. White

I have a 2005 Ford Escape. I would like to turn auto-lock on, but I don't see it in the manual. Do you think it might be the same? There is some stuff about one click on the fob or two to open passenger doors, but I don't see any auto-lock.

Reply to
dold

Not all Escapes have the auto-lock feature, but I'm not sure how to find out which models do. My '02 XLT doesn't have it. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Some vehicles do NOT support auto lock. The '96 Mystique/Contour with remote activated locks does not have an auto-lock feature.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I looked in the 2005 Escape Owners Guide. No mention is made of the Auto-Lock feature, so I assume you don't have it and therefore can't activate it. Why do you think you have the Auto-Lock feature?

Ed

snipped-for-privacy@XReXXDisab.usenet.us.com wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Some dealers say the 05 Escape has it, some say no. Check the link and search for door locks. They ALL say no and one fella is building a circuit to do it.

Noob

Kim Neubert

I am the original poster. The feature that I am asking about turning-off is the automatic locking of the doors when the car begins to move forward.

A couple of years ago, I was given a routine of turning the key on/off so many times while intermittantly pushinh the door lock/unlock buttons.

There was an easier procedure for vehicles with keyless entry which THAT Sable didn't have. This one (mt Dad's) does.

Thanks to the group.

P.S. - I checked the owner's manual and didn't see anything there.

js

Reply to
Jjsegr

The reason there is nothing in the Owner's Guide is that your vehicle doesn't have this feature.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White