Re: GM Dealer Challenges the Toyota Tundra's Ads... AS BULL

It is necessary to repeat well known facts, since some folks in the NGs are slow learners and uninformed. They like to think Toyota has all the best sellers, when actually only the Camry is a best seller. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Isn't there anyone in the house to explain "embarrassing" to you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

LMFAO, now that is funny....

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Other mechanics have opinions which differ from yours. Do they have complaints about Toyotas? Yes. Do they still think they're better? Also yes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'll try to remember to ask my mechanic's opinion of Toyotas. If I ever see him again.

Ummm... and don't they now outsell Chrysler in the US? And Ford's in danger of becoming #3 in the US market.

Reply to
DH

If you like the Toyota so much, and love pumping money into japan's economy, dont let the door hit you where the sun dont shine on the way out.

I do notice Toyota aint doing so well in the Nextel series. Waltrip cant get qualified, and Dale Jarrett is burning up his provisionals to get on the track..

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
razz

Reply to
razz

In fact, my "giant" Navistar diesel is only 0.3L larger than the Tundra V8.

DaveD

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

It's like the difference between a V6 and a V8, it's not like you're buying two engines as in buying the smaller version and upgrading later. IMHO most buyers opt for the the diesel instead of the V10, take a look at that upcharge....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

In a perfect world than might be true. However, here in the real world it isn't, but you probably already knew that.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Actually, I think for most commercial truck buyer, the V-10 is not needed. Unless you are towing very heavy loads in hilly terrain, the

5.4L is more than adequate. And if you are towing very heavy loads in heavy terrain, you need the diesel.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I would, except Toyota is trying to create the impression that the new Tundra is a heavy duty truck. If you want to compare truckls intended for people pulling boats to the lake or small trailer, I can do that. However, the Toyota ads are trying to create the impression that the Tundra is a serious work truck. If you want a Ford serious work truck you should get an F250, not an F150 (although F150s are very good trucks). The Tundra line now competes with the whole lower end of the Ford Line in my opinion from a stripper F150 to a crew cab F350. YOu need to compare similarly equipped trucks. in some case that means comparing the Tundra to an F150 and in other to an F250. Of course as soon as you throw the F250 into the comparison, the Tundra comes out looking very weak, so Toyota won't make that comparison. Toyota wants it both way - the y only want to compare there trucks to the other guys 1/2 toms, while trying to give the impression that it has the capabilities of 3/4 ton trucks. As I said before, If I wanted to tow

10,000 lbs, I'd get an F250/F350 even though an F150 is rated to tow that much.

Don't forget that both Chevy and Dodge offer more powerful diesels as well.

No one supplies gas mileage figures for trucks with a GVW over 8500 lbs, CAFE doesn't require them to be reported. The Ford V-10 and Chevrolet 6.0L V-8 are only available in HD trucks with a high GVW, so the gas mileage is not reported. Dodge does sell the "Hemi" in 1/2 ton trucks, so they report the gas mileage for that:

Tundra 5.7L V-8 Automatic - 14 city / 18 highway / 16 combined Dodge Ram 1500 5/7L V-8 Automatic - 15 city / 19 highway / 17 combined

None of the Tundras have a GVW over 7200 lb, so they have to report gas mileage. Of course with a GVW of only 7200 the Tundra has a limited payload capacity compared to any HD truck. So, it is obvious that the Tundra ads that try to create the impression that Tundras are a Heavy Duty truck are miss leading.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The Nextel cup has nothing to do with the "real" world. Nothing in those cars has anything to do with a "stock" car in any meaningful way.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I don't see the 8.1L listed as an option for a 2007 GMC. Where did you see it?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I don't understand what you are trying to say now. According to the ordering guide, if you get the 4.2L V6 with an automatic transmission, you get an auxiliary transmission cooler (apparently, you normally don't get an auxiliary transmission cooler at all with the V-6). If you get the 4.6L or 5.4L V-8s you get an UPGRADED radiator and an UPGRADED auxiliary transmission cooler. So with either V-8 and the trailer towing package, you get an upgraded radiator and an upgraded auxiliary transmission cooler (one of the V-8s is required to get the upgraded components). For the V-6 with the trailer towing package you get an auxiliary transmission cooler (you can't upgrade something that wasn't included in the first place). Go look at the complete ordering guide and things should be clear even to you. And I have already pointed you to an actual truck on a dealer's lot that included the trailer tow package and a V-6 engine. Wasn't that enough for you? Are you so dense that you can't recognize that you have the facts all screwed up?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Perhaps not, perhaps yes. But consider the power plant, a 358 cid cam in block 2 valves per cylinder , push rods, and a single 4 barrel carb pushing a 3400 pound car upwards of 220 mph, and toyota cant get enough horsepower out of their engine. And a lot of what goes on on the track does find its way into cars..

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Right here. What a URL! Anyway, just build a 2500HD and when you get to options you'll find it. Did a "Tiny URL" it's at the bottom.

?fromColor=true&make=gc&style=WT%201SA&zip=75081&driveType=2WD%20&boxSize=Long%20Box&subModel=2500HD&boxSizeId=21&makeId=012&cabSize=Regular%20Cab&cabSizeId=1&model=Sierra&styleId=WT%201SA&subModelId=31&year=2007&modelId=013&pvc=61391&driveTypeId=7&&vehicleModel=/images/gmbp/48012/vehicle/2007/med/31_8555_c1_b21.jpg&exteriorColorChipUrl=/images/gmbp/color/chips/ext/med/8555.jpg&interiorColorChipUrl=/images/gmbp/color/chips/int/med/69C.jpg&exteriorColorId=41U&interiorColorId=69C&seatTypeId=AE7&colorOptions=41U^69C^AE7&exteriorColor=Onyx%20Black%20&interiorColor=Dark%20Pewter%20Cloth%20&colorVisited=true&inValidOptions=&brand=sierra&imageNameExt=_c1_b21&site=&originatingBrand=sierra&iPi=2&fPi=3
Al

Reply to
Big Al

So my 2009 Impala will have a 4-barrel carb? Right.

"Back to the Future - NASCAR Style"

What goes on at some race circuits may find its way into cars but NASCAR isn't one of those circuits.

Audi was winning in Europe last year with a DIESEL! Now, that's cool!

Reply to
DH

You are free to interoperate it anyway you choose. The fact is if one types in the "trailer Tow Package" option, in the options section of the order screen at a dealership, this is what pops up "requires 4.6L or 5.4L Triton® V8" for the person entering the order to chose the optional engine. If the order is submitted without the V8 you get a mis-built unit rejection.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter