Re: loose mystique air bag

> Has anybody ever had the driver's airbag come loose by itself? (1996 >> Mystique)

>> I suspect someone was trying to "pinch" it sometime when either the >> daughter or wife left the door unlocked for a short time and got >> scared away before they got it, because looking at the screws in the >> back of the steering wheel (with a mirror) there appeared to be fresh >> scratches in the allen screw heads ( they are NOT real easy to get >> to!!) >> >> >> ** Posted from
**> > Take the car to a dealer and have it checked. You seem to be making the > assumption that there is a working airbag in there. And you seem to have a > loose air bag. Perhaps they got the airbag out, and just reassembled the > steering wheel. > > Jeff

Must be some nice thieves in your neighborhood. Steal the airbag and then replace it with a fake. Hmmmm

When they steal chrome rims do they put steel ones with chrome hub caps back on so you can get to work?

What about the whole car? Would they take your Corvette and replace it with a Camaro?

Or since this is a Ford group, take your Lincoln and put a Ford in its place ?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Reply to
ScottM