99 9/3 Snow Tires

Greetings all

Anyone in Toronto (Cda) have any idea where I can find a decent set of snow tires/rims for my 99 9/3 SE? I believe I need 16 inch rims for the car.

Checked with the dealer and they want an arm and a leg. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Newbie

Hi,

We have a 1999 9-3 SE (200 hp), using alloy 205/55-16 summertime. Car works very well with our 185/65-15 (yes, fifteen-inch) steel rims for snow tyres. This winter wheel size is the normal one for this car in the Swedish market, for the 1999 model (could also be for some other years too).

My guess is that 15 inch rims are much easier to get hold of and thus cheaper. Higher profile tyre gives slightly sloppy handling but of course the bonus is that the flexier sidewall causes the tyre to break grip less often, in snow and ice.

BRgds /Robert

Reply to
Robert Brown

Hi, Try Tire Rack --

I have bought several setsof tires on rims from them over the years. Even with shipping costs,I have always gotten a better deal than I could find elsewhere. Mike

Reply to
Mike

Dave, I too live in Reno NV. Too bad I didn't see your post earlier. I just bought Arctic Alpins 2 weeks ago, but had to mount them on the alloy delta's.

Maybe I have seen you around. I have a '99 9-3 , Scarabe green with Tan Leather. What are you driving?

Reply to
Buck

I have a set of Artic Alpins on 15" steel rims with hub caps for sale. I'll take $300 if you pay the shipping. I sold my SAAB 900SE so I can't use them. They have only been on the ground for 1,000 miles. They are still in excellent shape, and they are outstanding winter tires. My wifes car performed better than my 4x4 in the snow. I was very impressed.

dave.... I live in Reno NV

Reply to
Dave

We had a burgandy 900SEt. We had to dump it because the motor was bad. I lost my butt on that car. I drive a S2000 now. (I live in the S. Surburban) If you know of anyone that needs great snows on rims, let me know. I'm headed to Truckee and Incline this afternoon to put up a few fliers at grocery stores.

Dave

Reply to
Dave