Re:Re:98 Merc GM 4.6L Bad miss

Problem has me stumped. Bad miss once car is warmed up. Scan tool says

P307...have changed

cyl 7 plug and coil boot assy. Problem always comes back to cyl 7. Think my

next step is

injector or computer? Is there some other diagnostic isolation I am missing?

Ruled out the engine

valves or piston because it does not act up until its moving down the road and

warm. Any suggestions

would be appreciated............jb > >

Sticking valve.

More common on the Triton DOHC, but a likely culprit after warm-up.

Maybe a treatment w/ Marvel Mystery Oil & a change to Mobil 1?

If you need an emissions inspection, you're in trouble, otherwise it's probably just a live-with situation on an almost 10-year-old car.

Rob

Thanks Rob...will check it out. Noticed today that when you are driving and the missing starts, the temp indicator on the digital dash goes from mid range to hot and then immediately returns back to mid temp range. Gets stranger by the minute. This occurs everytime there is a sustained miss more than 10 secs or so???

JB

Reply to
<jb