RE: REBUTTAL!!! from 1SourceAutoWarranty.com

John, I question the validity of this person as I can find NO RECORD of

>this individual having a warranty with us.

Look Mr. Pandolfi, I don't know what your game is. It's under Stephen Horrillo and Shake Potoukian contract# 102-019952. I've found many complaints against your company and the list is growing. Chris in claims knows who I am as does your salesman Troy Hale, and I'm sure you do too. Lets let these URLs speak for themselves. For now all I ask is for what I paid for, my car properly fixed, and the money I was put under duress to pay these last two times. You can still put things right. I'm still willing to give you that opportunity. If you guys change your attitude I'll be happy to report the outcome. You want to play hardball? I'm up for that as well. Just remember, "those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." If you know what I mean.

-----Original Message----- From: JOHN CARR [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net] Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:18 PM To: snipped-for-privacy@stephenhorrillo.com Subject: REBUTTAL!!!

John, I question the validity of this person as I can find NO RECORD of this individual having a warranty with us. Regards, Marc Pandolfi Internet Sales Manager 1SourceAutoWarranty.com -----Original Message----- From: JOHN CARR Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:39 PM To: snipped-for-privacy@1SourceAutoWarranty.com Subject: COMMENTS, PLEASE! Anyone have a bad experience with 1SourceAutoWarranty.com Car Extended Warranty? Right from the beginning I've had problems with them. I took my car to the dealer and

1Source refused to pay what the dealer was asking for the price for the starter and labor so I had to pay the difference. Ended up paying $150 on a warranty that's zero deductible and their most costly option, "The Diamond Plan." This time they are holding me up by sending out a claims adjuster and the dealer has been waiting for two days for an answer. My Internet research has turned up numerous people with similar complaints. The attitude of the people at claims department (Sherman and Chris) is just horrible. So I tried to call the sales department. It's amazing to see how even their attitude changed once they got my check. The sales department was SO nice. Until they got my check. Now if I call the sales department, the second they realize I'm not calling to buy their warranty, they transfer me instantly to the claims department. They don't even say they are. No goodbye, nothing, just click! I've never had to struggle like this with an auto warranty company. I paid all this money for peace of mind and all I'm getting is grief. All 1sourceautowarranty.com victims please contact me. Let's get together a class action lawsuit. If we band together maybe we can get them to honor their contractual agreements. There's power in numbers. Any other ideas on what to do in a case like this? Stephen Horrillo snipped-for-privacy@stephenhorrillo.com
Steve Horrillo

Hmmm ... This "company" seams to be nothing but a scam.....Pretending to be a company.

Message-----

bad

Reply to
Scott M

In their defense, they're not a total scam. They did pay for part of the repairs. It's that they intimidate, discourage, and deny valid claims. And then have a cocky attitude. Like they're untouchable. I've even tried to call the sales department and as soon as they figure out it's not a sales call they hang up or foward the call the Claims. It made me feel like I hit a brick wall. They also ruined the relationship I had with two Chevy dealers. One of dealers I had been going to for 6 years. The recent one I originally picked up my Vette from. Now neither of them will touch my car again after what 1SourceAutoWarranty.com put them through.

One of my relatives worked for both dealerships in the past as a mechanic and he said he never saw problems like this with other warranty companies. Mind you, I can understand them trying to chop down the dealer's price, lord knows the dealers are no boyscouts. But when it hurts the consumer, that's when the Authorities and the Press tend to want to investigate. I'm a busy person and I don't have time for this sort of game playing let alone having my car tied up needlessly. I'd rather be enjoying life. I've been up all night because of this. I just want to have the peace of mind to know that if me or my wife or god forbid my handicapped mom breaks down they won't be given the shake down.

And what really irks me is they have denied claims for safety devices like my side mirror and the last time for brake rotors. Hers a sample contract

I havethe Diamond plan. You tell me if I'm wrong. And just look at the"Experience" section of this website...
It just disgusts me to seethis sort of marketing. I hate to use my connections in the Media to resolvepersonal things but in this case I'm seriously considering putting it out onthe Wire.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

From: "Jim Jennings" Save Address Reminder

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:40:17 +0000 [View Source]

I have been in communication with Stephen directly. I will forward the final details when they have been concluded. I can only HOPE that Mr. Horrillo will do the right thing and update his post to show the facts of his claim. Just as an FYI - we HAVE paid over $2200 in claims on his vehicle. The warranty is only 14 months old of a total of 60 months.

[...]

JOHN CARR

It doesnt matter how much you have paid so far or how old the warranty is....What matters is if you cover what you are supposed to cover and in a timely manner.....period. Man I hate how insurance companies try to weasel out. Maybe the problem is your sales people lieing about whats covered. That wouldnt suprize me either. p.s. Remember people, insurance companies are in business to make money, not to help the public....Read the fine print carefully! You cant trust sales people to tell it to you.

Reply to
Scott M

This was my response to Mr. Pandolfi's e-mail to me stating, "I am just unclear on why you feel like we are not doing the right thing on our side?" I this clarifies the situation.

Dear Mr. Pandolfi,

When I paid for a top of the line Diamond plan with "ZERO deductible, true bumper to bumper, any dealership." I expect to get what I paid for and that you honor what it says on your website and the examples you give as happy customers on other sites such as

And don't say it can't bedone. I expected ZERO out of my pocket like my previous extended warrantydid. It was a GM extended warranty and everything got fixed no questionsasked. No delay. No overnighting parts. No two day wait for underwriters.That's what I expected. Just what it says on your websites. Not that I have to struggle with the dealer and Chris every time. This time I was told flat out by him "not to take it to a dealer." So the dealer calls him back on speaker phone. Next I heard Chris on speaker phone tell the dealer (Robert Farkas) he pays "MSRP on parts and $89 and hour shouldn't be no problem." Then according to Mr. Farkas when it's time to pay the story changes. Then being told by Sherman that I have to wait, and that I'm "at the mercy of the underwriter" to call him. I never expected that my car would be tied up for days while the dealer and the claims department play negotiation games. It doesn't say that on your website does it?

How much you spent on my car, until it reaches the cap, is legally and morally immaterial. You win some you lose some. That's the insurance business. You should structure your prices so you can pay out what dealers charge if you are going to state in you marketing materials. If not at least warn people up front that it's going to be a struggle if they bring it to a dealer. I would have gladly paid double what I paid you to have a no hassle non capped warranty like the one I had with GM. For me peace of mind is priceless and that's what I thought I was getting when I bought your "exclusionary" warranty. What I'm getting instead is an ulcer and a stifled business from not having a car.

I needed to find out where the problem lies. The dealer or 1Source. So I researched both. What I found when I searched the internet made it very clear. I found out that I'm not the only one. I understand it's hard to be impartial but just search the comments being made out there in support of me and others who've dealt with 1Source. Try to see it from the consumers point of view. Not the way a kangaroo arbitration board would see it. That will only stave off a certain percentage of unsophisticated consumers. Just the existence of that clause in your contract is very ominous.

You should really try to see it the way the general Public, a Jury, Government Official, Reporter or a Consumer Advocate would see it because those are entities that will ultimately bring a company with a faulty business plan and faulty business practices down. Luckily for the "bad guys" most people are either sheep or ignorant of their options. Don't believe me. Have your Attorney "Shepardize" (i.e. compare to other similar cases) these complaints I've listed below as if they were being taken to a real court.

In closing I'd like to say I still am giving 1Source the benefit of the doubt and will hold off. But you need to grasp that what the fine print of your contract says is not as enforceable as "letter and spirit" of your marketing presentation which is very clearly stated on the

website. "True Bumper to Bumper Coverage" "ZERO Deductible" "Take your vehicle to any ASE licensed repair facility. (Any auto dealership, repair shop or private mechanic of your choice)"

Pay me now or pay me later but every dime and extra hours I have to put out for this car throughout the term of this contract, I expect to be returned to me, "bumper to bumper, any dealership, zero out of pocket." Mind you I'm not being altogether inflexible. In the future I will try to avoid dealerships but that will be depending on the nature of the problem and the town in which the breakdown occurs and we'll see how that works.

Warmest regards,

Stephen Horrillo

Jackie Chandler