Taurus Tranny Filter?

I have a 1990 Ford Taurus, with 125, 000 kms and I woul like to clean the trany pan, and change the tranny filter. Do I need any special tools to remove the transmission filter? If so what? Also, how many liters of fluid will I need ?

Thanks,

Nino

Please reply to the newsgroup! Thanks!

Reply to
Nino.Nospam

Nothing special needed. about 4 quarts, not sure how many liters that is. Ill guess about 4.

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
Nino.Nospam

not really sure, It's probably a 8mm (5/16). If it is a torx, one can be had at the parts store real cheap...

Reply to
Scott M