Remote only opens driver's door

Hi I see on my 08 fusion that the remote only opens the driver's door lock. Every other car I've had the remote opens all the doors. Not very convenient. Is there a way to have it open all the doors like the button inside does? Fred

Reply to
Fred

Tom

Yep Works just like your crown vic. Two clicks. Funny I don't see that in my owners manual. Maybe I just haven't found the right page! Thanks Tom

Reply to
Fred

Look for "progressive unlock". I think this is a great feature for urban areas....

Picture thius... you (or your loving bride) are on the drivers side of your car..... someone that looks like they might be concern is on the other side.... The door you're aiming for unlocks.... the door he's aiming for doesn't.... One small modicum of "peace of mind" in a world that doesn't give much peace of mind.

Top postingly yours....

Reply to
Jim Warman

'course it only works if the windows of the car aren't smashable glass...

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

'course it only works if the windows of the car aren't smashable glass...

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Most Ford remotes act that way. Double clicking on the unlock button will open all doors.

Reply to
Shawn

And you can change that on some models by pushing both the lock and unlock button for longer then 3 sec to change it to 1 push open all doors

Ollie

Reply to
Ollie

Have you tried pressing the button a SECOND time to open the other doors?

Reply to
Mike hunt