replaced tension pulley and idler pulley

tension pulley does not turn when engine is running

Reply to
John

Zak W wrote in news:XnsA4C99DA5566E8gmail9com@

207.246.207.124:

it wasn`t quoted so I don`t see the orgional statement, but I don`t see anything correct about that statement. I don`t know of any tensioner pulleys that don`t turn with the eng running. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Unless that was the problem - a current obsevation of fact. If the tensioner pulley is NOT turning, there is a serious problem with the pulley. Period.

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:m2f8papbclo6rp775j5fagv5ov31bi32oh@

4ax.com:

which should break the belt in a short period of time. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

right after the immediate god-awful noise upon starting the engine...if you /could/ even crank the engine with a frozen pulley

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh