Sable Rotors

Need advice. I've had two Sables over the past 7 years and they all developed warped front rotors in the first 35000 miles. My latest a 2002 model just started at 37000 miles. Should I turn them down or by after market units. Thanks Larry

Reply to
LAWRENCE PERFETTO

You can only turn them once or twice anyway. Why not turn them until they have to be replaced anyway, then go to aftermarket?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Personally, i would just buy new Chinese rotors instead of turning them. Compare the prices. I don't think its that much more to get the new ones (assuming your doing it yourself) And then they will last longer because they have more meat on them.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

I had similar problems with my 95 Thunderbird. The final solution for me was to go to NAPA and purchase made in USA Wagner rotors and ceramix pads. No more trouble. Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

i got a 96 contour.. needed to replace the rotors.. went to autozone and bought two front rotors for $30 each... they still on car after about 4 yrs. never had a problem with them... when putting the tires back on the car make sure the tire shop guy does not put the air impact wrench on it.. or make sure he is using a regulated one that only puts about 80 lbs on it or like me when i get home i take the nuts loose and put them back on about 80 lbs. of torque...

Reply to
dbird

In news:alt.autos.ford, Steve Stone posted on Sat, 07 Aug 2004 01:01:58 GMT:

Really? My god, my rotors are so warped now that I can even feel the effects when I'm not braking. When I do brake, the steering wheel waggles back and forth horribly.

So how long have you had the Wagner rotors and Ceramix pads? Have you had to do any really hard braking that would really heat up the rotors followed by a nice splash through some standing water in the road? I think I really did some damage to my new rotors when a dump truck veered off into the left lane. I thought he was going to drive off into the pasture to dump his load or something, but instead he suddenly turned back to the right. I had to brake like the dickens to keep from eating his load (eww, that sounds nasty) and I think the sudden heat buildup really messed up the rotors. It had gotten worse over the following months. Now it's to the point where I can't wait to get new rotors on this thing. That's coming within the next two weeks.

Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus