Service Engine light

Is there away to turn of the service engine light using the ignition. I have a small crack where my gas cap goes on and it triggers the engine service light.

Thanks for any help Rich snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

Reply to
Rich

Rich wrote in news:BD4ACAEB.734% snipped-for-privacy@mac.com:

The only way I know of is to unhook the battery for a few minutes. I belive the only thing you can clear are "messages" if you have a message center on your counsel.

Reply to
T Mac

Yeah, fix the crack. Maybe a little super glue will seal it up.

You are also leaking gas fumes into the air, which is not good for air quality.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff