service engine soon light

I just had the service engine soon light come on with a tank of bad gas in my 99 expedition with the 4.6 V8. I put in 6 gallons of premium gas from another station which helped with the bad running and dieing during cold starts.

Will the light reset after a while or am I going to have to visit the dealer ?

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

If you don't have a continuing problem the light will eventually reset. That must have been some really bad gas. Are you sure there isn't another problem? In many areas, AutoZones will read the trouble codes for free. It might be worth your trouble to see what code turned on the light. If the light strats to flash, you need to seek immeadiate attention.

Ed

Lynn wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

The light is OFF as of this morning.

I will never go to this station again, this is the 3rd time that I have had trouble after filling up there.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn

Jeff opined

okay... you seem to want to draw this out... no her problem is related to BAD gas, (probably illegally cut to save/make money)

But your idea that all brands perform the same is even contradicted by such authorities as the state of michigan..

For instance, a lot of people will tell you that Standard, Sohio, BP (until recently) didnt perform well in certain Fords.. like my former E-150 Windsor.

But in my area, I always buy at Speedway or Marathon... and high volume stations to avoid water or bad filtration. I've never had injector problems or clogged filters.. even after 50,000 miles.. and never melted a cat. convertor... as opposed to the ONE tank I bought at a ramshackle corner carry-out with a Citgo sign

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic