Stabilizer bars

Well, I changed the link bolts, and frame mount bushings for the stabilizer bar on the 83 grand marquis. I had it off when I went to get the parts from various parts stores, and I realized just how much it helps to have one (full sized grand marquis, 1" bar).

I got to wondering about how much a rear one might help, in both the fully loaded cases (like 4 people, and some junk in the trunk). And then I got to wondering if any versions of these vehicles had rear stabilizer bars. Perhaps the LS? Or maybe certain LTD's, or town cars, or marks.

If so I might have to go to the salvage and see if I could find one. Or maybe even later model vehicles that did have them taht would still mount to my vehcile would be worth a try.

Thanks for any info,

Nic

Reply to
Robotnik

Every one of my LTD / Crowns had one, if not from the factory then from a salvage yard. Police cars & HD suspensions had them.

Four bolts, four spacers, and the bar, & you're done.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Reply to
Marky

Yeah, the reason I mentioned loaded condition is that there would be more mass in the back, and therefor more momentum to overcome such as when taking a corner, since the mass will tend to continue in a straight path, so the vehicle with alot of extra mass would be more influenced to roll than with less mass added to it.

Reply to
Robotnik