taurus cutting out

my 2003 taurus is cutting in and out at about 3000 rpm's under load. it acts like it's running out of fuel. it started this about 2000 miles ago. i have replced the fuel filter and plugs.

Reply to
olmantoo

Crank position sensor. (my guess)

Have you changed fuel filter & checked pressure? How many miles on the car?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I would think something would show up when codes read out, given the year and generation of OBD.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

May be the filter at the bottom of the fuel pump clogged. than requires a tank pull since my 96 taurus has pump in tank as well I m pretty sure your 03 has it as well

Reply to
shadetree mx