The chief of police cars

"The sporty upstart Dodge Charger is aiming to challenge Ford Motor Co.'s Crown Victoria as chief of police cars. Chrysler LLC's full-sized model that debuted in 2006 is no immediate threat to the Crown Vic or General Motors Corp.'s Chevrolet Impala, the market's other major player, but the Charger is gaining momentum..."

Associated Press:

Nomen Nescio

So What are you proving? That some idiots can't figure out how to use their "shift" key, or that some idiots don't understand "top posting" and why it is frowned upon???

STFU!

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

That's a very good market for it. Tons of power, RWD so it can crash into those it's chasing and little concern on fuel cost.

Reply to
Josh S

Some idiots can't tell about crossposting either... nor can they understand that the mere idea of bottom posting is about three parts retarded, anyway.... scrolling through line after line of stuff I've already read just to see that someone either says "me too" or whimpers about top posters.... If something in print offends you... stop looking at it.

Now... while this is still crossposted... can you tell if it's top posted or bottom posted?

But... Nomen is still the king of cut and paste, who really gives a shit drivel....

Reply to
Jim Warman

A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments, and makes it difficult to keep up with a conversation.

Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?

A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.

Q: What is "top posting"?

Reply to
Dan C

Dan... if people were smart enough to begin reading at the BEGINNING of the thread, there would be no doubt regarding the topic and content of the thread. If we jump into the middle of of it, we will be subject to whatever editting, chopping and tinkering that any number of previous posters may have inflicted on previous messages... making whatever you have decided to read dubious as for value, intent, context and content.

In an ideal world (one where people read the whole sentence and actually followed the conversation) there would be no need for quoting any previous messages. Logical flow? I see little logic displayed by most UseNet posters to begin with... especially those that come up with lame excuses for top posting destroying "logical flow" . If you started reading the thread from the beginning, you would have a good undertsanding what the thread was about, you would be aware of any statements, misunderstandings or other conditions that generated any particular reply...

But you young'uns can be particularly lazy and prefer to have things handed to you so that you can react in wierd and wonderful ways.

Look at it this way.... I think you are a wiener.....

But who the f*ck am I?

Should it really matter to YOU that I think you are a wiener?

To you, I am nobody... you don't know me and I don't know you (somehow, I find that comforting).... Deal with it, Princess.... nobody promised that you would be wise.

Now.... you are going to have to decide if THIS is top posted or not....

Correct answer is yes, it was top posted before I deleted the rest of the crap you should have already read.....

Explain that to me.... wiener....

Reply to
Jim Warman

how does it make it difficult to keep up with a conversation??

i have already read what was posted. i know what you said, and am responding to it. i don't need to read it again, and again, and again.

also, why does everyone have to copy everything said before they reply?? i already read that stuff 3 + times

Reply to
Tom

never argue with an idiot. if he wins, what does that make you???

Reply to
Tom

The Charger, with its more powerful engine is indeed being considered for vehicles use in high speed pursuits.

It is the Chargers lack of room in the rear seat and trunk and poor quality of the FWD Dodge police car that dictates it will not take many sales from the Interceptor, as the preferred police vehicle. Eight out of ten certified police vehicles, sold in the US, are Interceptors. It is room in the rear seat and trunk, as well as the superior build quality and endurance that has kept the Intercepted as the preferred police vehicle

Reply to
Mike hunt

Our town tried Impalas for a while. Those that survived are now used by accident investigators & detectives. Now, The city is buying Tahoes! Very roomy, BUT.... don't try cornering very fast in a pursuit. There was a pursuit Sunday night where the perp was caught only because he crashed. The Officer pursuing was quoted as saying the Grand Am he was chasing lost him quickly by zig-zagging through side streets.

The City just asked for bids on 14 more Tahoes so they can park the rest of the Vics. Why? "This is a GM town. We can't buy Fords".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiricy Web Site:

David Starr

Don't CROSSPOST! Well you shouldn't, but it's OK for me... Are you smoking dope Jim?

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

i guess it's time to add another person to the ignore list.

Reply to
Tom

Bottom posting is fine when people delete the 3 pages of crap above their 'I agree'

Brent

It amuses me when someone goes off on some rant about top-posting. The ONLY place that top-posting is loathed (or anyone actually gives a rat's ass) seems to be newsgroups. In business E-mail communication, the equivalent of top "posting" (ie writing your response to an e-mail chain above the quoted text) is BY FAR the most common method because a) it still preserves the whole thread of communication for reference, and b) the immediately relevant portion is the first thing you see without having to scroll through 6 weeks of prior discussion.

Note that I'm NOT top-posting here, because the quoted text has been appropriately trimmed rather than preserving the whole string (which would include Nomen Numbnuts original post, and that's something I refuse to do at any cost).

And by the way- since when is the Chevrolet Impala still any kind of real player in the police cruiser market? Since it went front-drive its been used for nothing more than public school campus police and city parking enforcement around here. The Charger 3.5L v6 HO is also faster than the Ford Interceptor v8, and the 5.7L Hemi v8 is finally back to the kind of performance you could expect from copcars in the big-block days, or the early 90s with the LT-1 powered Caprice.

Reply to
Steve

The rear seats are within tenths of each other in passenger accommodation except in leg room where the Dodge has 2+ inches MORE. The Ford has a bigger trunk. According to CR the Dodge has higher reliability. And as to "preferred", I don't know what you mean since the Charger scored the highest in the police trials. As to sales numbers, I don't know what year you're quoting, but here in NJ, it seems ALL the new police cars are Chargers in the local towns. I don't know if the State Police have ordered any, but in locals they're appearing like locusts.

Reply to
Tony D.

Our Police fleet is composed of mostly Impala's. We even had the new Impala's before consumer's did. I guess it helps that we build them too.

Reply to
80 Knight

"Rant"? Where?

Perhaps so. In case you didn't know, *this* is a newsgroup, not business email. So, your "argument" is quite irrelevant. Right?

And right there is the main reason why there's a difference. Most business email conversations don't go on for 6 weeks, or have more than a few (3-4) participants. Quite different than newsgroups. Right?

Right.

Reply to
Dan C

I consider it funny how top posters rant on and on about pages of text with simple replies at the bottom, and then their posts contain the same pages and pages of dribble, with their replies at the top. As if there really is a difference...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Impalas didn't hold up here. Hit a few potholes at speed & the front end is gone.