Troubleshooting Challenge of the Day

Automobile: 1987 Chevy Sprint (Suzuki) 5 speed, carburated, 1.0, 3 cyl engine.

Symptoms: Hesitation at stops, bogging down occasionally at higher speeds usually upon acceleration. Surging on highway occasionally. Usually only happens after approx 30 min of driving.

What has been done so far: New fuel filter, new spark plugs, spark plug wires, exhaust inspected for plugging.

Suspect: Accelerator pump, EGR valve, Distributor, Coil

Any thoughts?

Reply to
TweedleDee

I would disconnect the EGR and plug the line to the vacuum as a test to see if the trouble goes away. I have had bad EGR's or their delay valves give your exact symptoms.

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks, I'll give it a try today and let you know.

Reply to
TweedleDee

If that has one of those computer controlled carburetors with the electronically controlled metering rod, check the metering rod and selonoid.

I have a 84 Chevy Celebrity with one of those, and when the rubber end broke off the metering rod, it gave the same symptoms.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt