Transmission Problems Ford Aerostar

I have a 1990 Ford Aerostar with a v6 engine, rear wheel drive. When I first start it I cannot get it to move. Once the engine is warmed up I do not have any problems with it. Appears to only be when it is cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Dreamweaver

I`m not saying this will fix it but go out and buy a bottle of Lusus Tran con. It runs about 9 to 10 $ but it works for my tanny ,it may take a few days before it works but it maybe a cheap way to get it going for you when it`s cold..I think all Ford tranny should be recalled.

Tom

Reply to
tjax1

A transmission low on fluid can behave the way you describe. You might have a leak. Check the fluid as described in the owner's manual.

Rodney

Reply to
rodney

tjax1 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@wctc.net:

Lucas AT fix is what it's called

Wont hurt anyything .. might help...but also make sure fluid is full.

Warm, running, in park

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

yup a fool and his money are easliy parted

hurc ast

Reply to
3 dog nite

I believe the term is "soon"