V6 changing plugs

Has anyone located a special took of any kind to change the back side plugs on the 3.l motor. Some sort of flexible handled socket or something along that line.

Reply to
RQ

Remove the dog bone and rock the engine forward. It's still a b***h but doable.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Last one I did, I removed the top "dogbone" motor mount first. Then I hooked a rope to the hook on the top front of the engine. I tied it to a pole, and gently backed the car up until the motor was held in a forward position. Then I had pretty easy access to the back plugs.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Thanks,

What happened with the exhaust system?

rq

Reply to
RQ

Ah, the nattering nabobs of negativism... :-)

If you'll re-read my post, you'll see the word "gently." I didn't damage a single thing by doing it that way, because I didn't move the engine that far. What I did was no different than what the repair manual suggested, which was to use a block and tackle, or come-along, etc. I just didn't have either of those things, and made a reasonable substitution.

I'll agree though, that there are a lot of people who could do serious damage to several components by being careless and overdoing things.

CJB

Reply to
CJB