Why would anyone buy a Toyota if he can a Mazda?

You know, human stupidity escapes analysis, but by their sheer looks Mazda beats Toyota all the time...

Notice they don't have a parade of filthy SUVs, just one that doesn't see too nasty. But their cars look sharp, and full of passion. Miata, what a car!

Then you may say you can't have the pleasure of driving in America, but I guess you can find some winding roads up in the mountains somewhere.

DISCLAIMER: I do not represent Mazda. I just propose my philosophy of COMMON SENSE to analyze and expose the lies out there.

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Never believe advertising. Trust your animal instincts"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Notice

The replacement for our Camry, when it finally gives up the ghost (now at 240K miles) will likely be the Mazda 6.

Chick car. Always has been, always will be...unless you live in San Fran.

Reply to
Conscience

Yeah, go for it. They don't mark you like a stupid sheep!

The only problem is here in Miami is a long way to the mountains and the SUVs rule the road. :(

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Pretty hard to ignore their build quality, features, and performance for a family sedan.

Reply to
Conscience

And they ALL look sharp. Haven't driven them but Miata, but I expect a good driving experience.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

The best vehicle in terms of quality, solid feeling, and driving experience I've ever owned was my 1994 Toyota Camry. That includes Mazdas, Nissans/Datsuns (most), Chryslers, Ford trucks, Audis, and the Toyotas I've owned since that first Camry.

Reply to
badgolferman

Wow, that's a pretty sweeping statement comparing Camrys with Audis... ;)

Not even the Lexus I drive (it's not mine) is that good. Actually it is the MOST BORING EXPERIENCE IN THE WORLD!

I just wished Toyota imparted strength to the weaker, not make them a bunch of sheep.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

Go drive a Speed 3. :-)

Reply to
Conscience

It was an Audi Fox. Essentially a Volkswagen.

It did ride nice on the highway though.

Reply to
badgolferman

Doesn't it get you in trouble with the police or the vigilantes blocking the left lane?

It must be awesome anyway...

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

It was fun. Torque steer is unacceptable and it won't handle better than our Bimmer, but the power was impressive.

Reply to
Conscience

Just ask yourself: Where is Camry in Europe?

That's too tamed for a winding road. They do sell the Toyota Land Crushers over there, so someone wants to be Napoleonic there too. The Russians love SUVs, though. China and Russia want to be like America, you know.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

The cheapest Rover (not Range) I drove in England several years ago handled better than our Camry, but we didn't buy it for that.

Reply to
Conscience

Why would anyone buy anything from a foreign based manufacturer of any product. our balance of trade for the last month was a -65 billion dollars, thanks to companies like Toyota and Wal-Mart It went to Japan and china. 65 billion is a lot of American jobs In this country all you hear is "I love my Toyota" in china and Japan its "go home American" next month it may be your job leaving.

Reply to
Tom

When you buy a foreign made product, what do you think happens to the money you spend? The foreigner uses the money to buy American products or to invest in America (buying real assets, Treasury securities (effectively lending money to America). These activities lead to creation of jobs in America, just different ones than the ones you have in mind. True, free trade can lead to a decline in some industries, but it leads to expansion in others. This is true for *any* change, not just trade. Do you think the invention of the automobile helped or hurt people making the livings from shoing horses or making or servicing wagons?

Reply to
Frank Berger

Yep, it's all part of the "trend" toward Globalization.

Fuck American unions in the process.

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

I know it did a LOT OF DAMAGE to the people on foot and bicycle, but it also made the Big Three big. And then came Toyota... And who's next?

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

You'd have to get in line BEHIND the unions themselves to do so.

Reply to
Conscience

I'm all for the union of the monkeys against the lion. But they shouldn't get too fat either, or they become a lion too!

Reply to
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with

A more apt comparison would be to a hyena.

Reply to
Conscience