Will 14" tires fit on my 1999 Grand Marquis?

I've got 4 snow tires (185/70R14). I'm wondering...

1- If I can find wheels with a 5x100 pattern in that size 2- Will I have enough clearance for the brakes. (it's got 225/60R16 now)

I know the car will be lowered a little, but I don't want to spend 600$ on new tires If I don't have to.

Reply to
Starscream

But you're willing to spend how much on new wheels?????

WAIT...... 185s on a GM????? Can I have some of what you're smoking????

Reply to
Jim Warman

This one gets today's "DUH award."

Where do you live...NE Penna?

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Geez guys, I was just asking a question. Not all of us are mechanics you know. As I said, I know the car would've been lowered.

Nevermind...

Reply to
Starscream

Not only that, the cost of the rims would obviate any savings by using these garage sale tires.

Buy proper tires, be done with it. Oh, he left? Figures.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

First of all, I already have those tires from a previous car (meaning all that would be missing would be the rims)

Leave what? it's not as if a newsgroup was a chatroom you know...

Reply to
Starscream