Pollen Filter Location - Mazda 626

Hello

Long shot - does anyone know where the pollen filter is located on a latest model (2000)Mazda 626 diesel. Id like to change it as the windows often steam up, and the air con and heater don't seem as effective as they might be. There is no detail in the manual, and there is no haynes manual for this model.

Many Thanks Steve W

Reply to
Steve W

Get the generic Halfrauds filter and it will have a sheet in with instructions for changing it.

Interestingly the sheets with the filters I've had (Astra and Mondeo) both had much simpler and quicker instructions than the 'first remove the engine' style of the Haynes version...

Reply to
PC Paul

I hope it's easier to get at than the pollen filter on the Rover 75. I changed mine last weekend and it entailed removing both wiper arms, four feet of rubber seal, about eight clips, the entire air intake plenum, a further water shield beneath the plenum, and pulling the ECU off its bracket and positioning it out of the way. Even then it involved some skinned knuckles getting the old filter out and the new one in! I have noticed a distinct improvement in air flow into the cabin however - and the filter has only been in situ for it's normal service period - ie two years.

You will probably find that your pollen filter is in a similar position - in the space between the engine compartment 'firewall' and the passenger compartment bulk-head.

Uno-Hoo!

Reply to
Uno-Hoo!

Screengrab from Autodata

A C

Thanks AC, from the drawing it looks like it can be accessed from the glovebox.

Reply to
Steve W

Yes, it looks like they are behind the glovebox & you remove the clip then withdraw the filters

Reply to
A C

There doesnt appear to be filters present like in the drawing. Is it possible to have a/c without a pollen filter? I assumed every car with a/c had one.

Reply to
Steve W

it is usual, but not essential

Reply to
mrcheerful

According to Autodata the A/C rad is up on the bulkhead behind the glovebox, so I look around that area for a filter box, maybe the filter has been previously removed

Reply to
A C